Alkionides UK There are many ways you can help Alkionides UK.
We rely on voluntary initiatives.
Become a member
Join Alkionides UK today. By joining our community you will be helping us raise much needed awareness for our charity’s cause. As a membership you will receive a periodic news update as well as details of forthcoming events.
To become a member today, please complete our online form here.
Become a volunteer
- Contact us and join the team.
- Help at our events by volunteering on the day, by providing raffle prizes or by baking/cooking.
- Help organise a coffee morning, a dinner / birthday party or a cake sale in aid of Alkionides.
- Sell our merchandise.
- Visit, translate or provide transport for our patients.
- Undertake a personal challenge in aid of the charity.
- Help impove our website.
- Raise awareness at your organisation.
Leave a Legacy
By leaving a gift in your will, you will help safeguard the future of Alkionides UK and all that this charity works for. You can be sure that your wonderful gift will be used effectively. Please contact your solicitor for further details.
The Gift of Giving
Is it your birthday? Are you getting married? Would you like to pay tribute to someone? Think about doing away with traditional gift lists and suggest a donation to our charity instead.
We welcome new sponsors and are pleased to receive sponsorship for single events or for the organisation as a whole. Please contact us if you are interested in sponsoring Alkionides UK.
Become one of our Guardians with a small or modest regular donation - details here
Donations in memory
If you wish, you could choose our charity for donations to be given, instead of flowers, at the funeral in memory of your beloved.
APPEAL FOR ALKIONIDES UK GUARDIANS
Who are we?
- Alkionides UK Charity is made up of dedicated, unpaid volunteers eager to help their Cypriot compatriots in the UK.
What do we do?
- We provide free accommodation, moral and practical support to seriously ill Cypriots who are sent by the Government of the Republic of Cyprus to UK hospitals for essential medical treatment.
- We help people in the UK Cypriot community in emergency situations.
- Our team in Birmingham and the Midlands provides support to British-Cypriot families who have children with special educational needs. They also give help to other individuals in their hour of need.
What are our future Goals?
- Accommodation for our patients and their family members is currently provided at a rented property in Finsbury Park. With our young professional team on-board we look forward to raising enough funds to buy our own property in 2022 to create a permanent nest for incoming patients.
- We will continue to support our patients as they undergo treatment in the UK.
- We aim to continue our support for the local British Cypriot community.
Who are our sponsors?
- We are very grateful to our Patron, the High Commissioner of the Republic of Cyprus, Mr Andreas Kakouris, and to all our sponsors, including the A.G Leventis Foundation, Capital Group, the REO Stakis Charitable Foundation, The Keith Coombs Trust and the Christos Lazari Foundation.
Why support us?
- Become an Alkionides Guardian by donating, £50 or more a month by standing order. Your organisation will be recognised as one of our regular donors, be featured on our website and mentioned in our formal communications.
Information: Alkionides UK, at Lloyds Bank
Account: 047112789 Sort Code: 30-96-96
Contact: 0118 947 2405 / 079 139 68639