APPEAL FOR ALKIONIDES UK GUARDIANS
Who are we?
- Alkionides UK Charity is made up of dedicated, unpaid volunteers eager to help their Cypriot compatriots in the UK.
What do we do?
- We provide free accommodation, moral and practical support to seriously ill Cypriots who are sent by the Government of the Republic of Cyprus to UK hospitals for essential medical treatment.
- We help people in the UK Cypriot community in emergency situations.
- Our team in Birmingham and the Midlands provides support to British-Cypriot families who have children with special educational needs. They also give help to other individuals in their hour of need.
What are our future Goals?
- Accommodation for our patients and their family members is currently provided at a rented property in Finsbury Park. With our young professional team on-board we look forward to raising enough funds to buy our own property in 2022 to create a permanent nest for incoming patients.
- We will continue to support our patients as they undergo treatment in the UK.
- We aim to continue our support for the local British Cypriot community.
Who are our sponsors?
- We are very grateful to our Patron, the High Commissioner of the Republic of Cyprus, Mr Andreas Kakouris, and to all our sponsors, including the A.G Leventis Foundation, Capital Group, the REO Stakis Charitable Foundation, The Keith Coombs Trust and the Christos Lazari Foundation.
Why support us?
- Become an Alkionides Guardian by donating, £50 or more a month by standing order. Your organisation will be recognised as one of our regular donors, be featured on our website and mentioned in our formal communications.
Information: Alkionides UK, at Lloyds Bank
Account: 047112789 Sort Code: 30-96-96
Contact: 0118 947 2405 / 079 139 68639